As we count down to the wedding of the year, it seems everyone has an opinion on who exactly will walk Meghan Markle down the aisle when she ties the knot with Prince Harry at Windsor Castle's St. George's Chapel on Saturday, May 19. Everyone, that is, except the bride herself!
Hot on the heels of a report from Us Weekly, which claimed the 36-year-old wants her mother Doria Ragland to give her away, Meghan's estranged half-sister has shut down the report. Taking to Twitter, Samantha Grant, who has become the unofficial spokesperson for her little sister's nuptials, insisted their father Thomas Markle will indeed be walking Meghan down the aisle. "Muck about Doria walking Meg down the aisle is NOT true. Our father will walk her down the aisle," Samantha penned.
However, Us Weekly claimed the Suits star wanted to break with tradition and involve her yoga instructor mother on her big day. "I've heard that Meghan wants her mother to walk her down the aisle, which would be a sweet moment," a source said. "The day of the wedding itself will certainly hold a few unconventional surprises. Don't expect a royal wedding by numbers. They want to involve their friends and family as much in as much as possible throughout the day."
"Harry has never been one to follow instructions and both he and Meghan are extremely independent individuals. I wouldn't imagine for one second that they plan to sit back and be told what to do — and they won't," the insider added. The only way we'll know for sure is when Kensington Palace officially announces the bridal party via their social media channels. Last week, Prince Harry told the BBC that he and Meghan hadn't begun working on guests lists just yet but something tells us that Meg's chatterbox half-sibling definitely won't be getting one.
Thankfully, Meghan and Harry have been a million miles away from all the wedding speculation as they rung in the New Year on a romantic holiday in Monaco. According to the MailOnline, the pair were "partying like tycoons" with a group of friends on the French Riviera. "Harry and Meghan were somewhere very private and very expensive. Monte Carlo is party central at this time of the year, and the word is that the British royals really enjoyed themselves," an insider said.
"The fun could well have been laid on by Prince Albert, who is a close friend of Harry's," the source continued. "What's certain is that they were partying like tycoons on New Year's Day. Fun around Monaco is never understated, and always costs a fortune!" With the huge year that us about to unfold and the family politics already playing out on the world's stage, we don't really blame them for letting their hair down!
Join our Facebook group for the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Prince William, and all things royal!
This post was written by Bella Brennan. It originally appeared on our sister site, Now to Love.