Get your popcorn and your Twitter fingers ready! Even though it’s been years since Meghan Markle found herself on the small screen, that’s about to change. An old TV pilot she shot has apparently been picked up, according to one of her costars on the project, Max Greenfield.
Max, 38, appeared on The Late Late Show With James Corden‘s March 25 episode and revealed the news. “I got some sort of email recently saying ‘This person has bought it and they’re putting it out,’ and I was like, ‘Great ― good for you,’” the New Girl alum shared, adding that it has been at least 10 years since he worked on the project.
The show, a comedy, is apparently titled The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down. In it, the Duchess of Sussex, 37, plays a girl named Dana. Also starring in the pilot is comedian Adam Pally.
Per The Hollywood Reporter — the first outlet to report about the show being picked up — describes it as a “tongue-in-cheek look at twenty-something singles clubbing and partying in Los Angeles.”
The pilot was filmed years before the former actress married her now-husband, Prince Harry, and years before her life was changed in an instant when she came a royal. Meghan’s breakout role in Suits wasn’t yet in play at the time this show was shot either. It would be quite fascinating to see the royal acting again again knowing that she eventually gave up her career to become a duchess.
Last year, the Daily Mail reported that a woman named Fiona Moore chatted with Meghan at a royal event and learned that the mom-to-be still has the acting bug today. “I’m a fan of Suits and I said to her that I miss it and she said, ‘So do I,'” Moore claimed the duchess said at the time. “She seemed very relaxed and was joking and laughing.”
Before she joined the royal family, Meghan made appearances in many popular films including Horrible Bosses and Remember Me and guest-starred on notable TV shows like Fringe and Castle. We are certainly looking forward to seeing a pre-duchess Meghan in action — stay tuned!