Harry and Meghan’s Royal Wedding Is Almost Here — See How to Throw the Perfect Viewing Party!
We can’t wait! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s lavish royal wedding is already one of the most highly-ancitipated events of the year and, on Saturday, May 19, fans from across the world will tune in to watch the memorable event on TV. And, if its going to be anything like Kate Middleton and Prince William‘s April 2011 wedding — which reeled in more than 24 million viewers in the UK alone! — then you’re going to need to know what to serve, sip, and slip into for your at-home royal wedding viewing party. With the help of Tetley Tea, we’ve rounded up everything you need to make your royal wedding party perfect — scroll down see!
What to serve:
Your royal wedding viewing party should definitely include some of Meghan’s favorite breakfast foods and a few of Prince Harry’s childhood traditions, including…
- Acai bowls: Meghan’s go-to acai bowl includes bananas, berries, almond milk, coconut flakes, manuka honey, and bee pollen!
- Omelettes: Meghan prefers her eggs with fresh herbs, cheese, and toast. She’s noted that everything tastes better with a little hot sauce, so add some to turn things up a notch.
- Bacon: Harry fancies crispy bacon, which he first tasted at Disney World as a kid. Be sure to finish yours in the microwave for that extra crunch!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins: Buckingham Palace chef Darren McGrady often made these at the request of Harry and his brother, Prince William — get the recipe here!
- Watermelon: Meghan is known to munch on this healthy snack which she enjoys topped with feta, mint and olive oil.
- Wedding Cake: It’s totally acceptable to eat dessert at 8 a.m — this is a party, after all! For dessert at your party, copy Meghan and Harry’s wedding cake. Pastry chef Claire Ptak, owner of London’s Violet Bakery, will be creating the couple’s cake for the big day and they chose a lemon elderflower cake covered with buttercream and decorated with fresh flowers.
What to sip:
Put on the kettle and pour the perfect morning cuppa! Tetley’s beloved British Blend is a rich, full-bodied black tea with superior flavor — perfect for the occasion!
What to slip into:
Keep it comfy in a cotton pajama “suit” inspired by Meghan’s most well-known TV character, Rachel Zane, on USA’s legal drama Suits. And if you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to walk in Meghan’s shoes, then wear a pair of her favorite slippers, Birdies. A girl can dream!
Join our Facebook group for the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Prince William, and all things royal!