While the majority of us were out on Friday Jan. 11 celebrating the end of another work week, it seems like Megyn Kelly was learning that she is officially done with NBC.
RadarOnline is revealing that the 48-year-old TV personality, and former Today host, has wrapped up her contract with NBC, as the three-month drama seems to finally be over. “The parties have resolved their differences, and Megyn Kelly is no longer an employee of NBC,” the network said in a statement. But Megyn didn’t just sign her name and head on out those doors, she apparently is leaving with some money.
A source close to the agreement reveals that Megyn, who was only halfway through her three-year $69 million contract, may be receiving close to $30 million as she departs, which is quite the partying gift if you ask us. And this should close the chapter on the Megyn/NBC chaos that all kicked off of on Oct. 23 of last year when Megyn decided that it would be a smart idea to comment on a very controversial Halloween costume.
“You truly do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface at Halloween or a black person who puts on white face,” she said at the time. “That was OK when I was a kid, as long as you were dressing like a character.” This moment quickly went viral, as Megyn was criticized left and right for her comments. NBC then proceeded to fired her soon after.
Now that some time has passed, and now that Megyn is done at the network, she is reportedly “bent on learning” from her mistake. “Megyn learned a lot from her time at NBC,” a source recently told Us Weekly. “Anytime you have a passionate, driven soul like her, there may be times within the context they say or do something that offends people without them even realizing it.” The same insider added, “Megan is the first to stop and turn around and apologize.”
So what is Megyn’s next move and will we see her on our television sets again? I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Join our Facebook group for the latest news and updates on the Today show!