Christie Brinkley, James Van Der Beek and More Join ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Season 28 — Full Cast List Here!
Nearly a year after the last season, we finally know who will be competing in the Dancing With the Stars season 28 cast. The newest crop of contestants was announced on Good Morning America on Wednesday, August 21. That’s right, folks, it’s time to head back to the ballroom!
Robin Roberts and the rest of the GMA crew were joined by longtime host DWTS to help make the big reveal live from Times Square in NYC.
Here’s the official list of who will be getting their groove on — but the professional partner they’re paired with will remain a secret for now:
- Karamo Brown, a culture expert — who wears bomber jackets and makes people cry — on Netflix’s hit show Queer Eye
- Hannah Brown, a former Miss Alabama and interior designer who was the subject of The Bachelorette season 15
- Lauren Alaina, a country music singer best known for being the runner-up on season 10 of American Idol
- James Van Der Beek, an actor best known for starring on Dawson’s Creek as titular character Dawson Leery
- Ray Lewis, a former football player who won the Super Bown with the Baltimore Ravens twice
- Kate Flannery, an actress best known for starring on The Office as Meredith Palmer
- Ally Brooke, a pop singer best known for being part of the girl group Fifth Harmony who is also a solo artist
- Lamar Odom, an NBA player who is best known off the basketball court for being married to Khloe Kardashian
- Kel Mitchell, a former Nickelodeon star who rose to fame on All That and Kenan & Kel with Kenan Thompson
- Sean Spicer, a former White House press secretary under President Donald Trump
- Christie Brinkley, a supermodel who rose to fame with Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues
- Mary Wilson, a singer best known for being part of The Supremes as well as a solo artist
This news comes after a week of the official DWTS social media accounts teasing followers about who would be cutting a rug in season 28. One thing they’ve done is share photos of people strategically covering their faces or with their faces not showing at all. Either that or they’ve posted photos that contain clues about who will vie for the grand prize and bragging rights. It seriously kept the mystery alive and had us guessing!
In addition to those who will be showing us what they’re made of, we will see Tom, 64, returning as the host — having filled that position since the very beginning — with cohost Erin Andrews. On top of that, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Len Goodman return as judges.
So who will win the coveted Mirrorball Trophy this year? Looks like we’ll just have to wait and see who can bust a move with the best of ’em.
Be sure to tune in for the Dancing With the Stars season 28 premiere on Monday, September 16, on ABC.
Be sure to check out and subscribe to our Classic TV & Film Podcast for interviews with your favorite stars!