Lindsey Buckingham is not a happy camper at all, folks.
Earlier this year, the 69-year-old was booted from the legendary band Fleetwood Mac, and now Lindsey is pretty sure that Stevie Nicks is completely to blame. Lindsey appeared on CBS This Morning: Saturday in his first interview since he was kicked out of the band he was asked to join way back in 1974. “It appeared to me that she was looking for something to hang on me, in order to instigate some kind of coup,” Lindsey explains, adding that he learned that Stevie was upset at him from the band’s manager Irving Azoff.
“Irving told me – a couple of days later – that she’d given the band an ultimatum, and either I had to go or she was going to go,” Lindsey adds. Lindsey also reveals he has not spoken to anyone in the band. “I actually have not spoken to any of the band. And it’s been almost a year now,” Lindsey says, adding, “Nobody. I have had, only in the last couple of weeks, I have gotten an email, which I expected to get, from Christine McVie [keyboardist].”
The headache continues as this interview comes after Lindsey sued his now former band accusing them of everything from breach of oral contract to intentional interference with prospective economic advantage. Lindsey says he signed on for 60 shows with Fleetwood Mac for $14 million, only to ask them to postpone it so he could tour with his solo band. Come on Lindsey. Fleet of course said no and then he was booted.
At the time, Fleet released this statement to PEOPLE: “Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham’s complaint and looks forward to their day in court.” Well it’s probably not a great feeling to be booted from any band, especially an iconic one such as Fleetwood Mac. It’s also not a great feeling to have Stevie’s “Edge of Seventeen” stuck in your head on a loop, but hey, what are you going to do?