We’re thinking of you, George H.W. Bush! The former President of the United States is currently being hospitalized for low blood pressure and fatigue, according to a statement released by his spokesperson, Jim McGrath, via Twitter on Sunday, May 27.

“President [George H. W. Bush] was taken to Southern Maine Health Care today after experiencing low blood pressure and fatigue,” the statement read. “He will likely remain there for a few days for observation. The former president is awake and alert, and not in any discomfort.”

This marks George Sr.’s second time in the hospital since his late wife Barbara Bush’s funeral last month. The first time was just two days after the funeral on April 23, which is when George’s spokesperson updated the public on his condition. “President Bush was admitted to the Houston Methodist Hospital yesterday morning after contracting an infection that spread to his blood. He is responding to treatments and appears to be recovering. We will issue additional updates as events warrant,” his spokesperson said at the time. Prior to his hospitalization in April, the Bush family was reportedly worried about George’s health, according to an insider, after the death of his wife.

george h.w. bush getty images

George was being cared for at the intensive care unit at Houston Methodist Hospital for his infection. He remained in the hospital and he received care for nearly two weeks until he was discharged on May 4.

This, unfortunately, isn’t the first time George has been hospitalized in recent years. The President continues to suffer from vascular parkinsonism — a form of Parkinson’s disease — which has forced him to use a wheelchair since 2012. In January 2017, George was hospitalized and underwent a procedure to treat an acute respiratory problem stemming from pneumonia and stayed in the intensive care unit during that time. In April of last year, he was again admitted to the hospital for a bout of pneumonia.

george h.w. bush and barbara getty
Getty Images

George’s wife, Barbara, sadly passed away at age 92 on April 17 after suffering from COPD and congestive heart failure. Following her death, George’s longtime chief-of-staff, Jean Becker, revealed that he held his wife’s hand for the entire day before she died.

“He, of course, is broken-hearted to lose his beloved Barbara, his wife of 73 years. He held her hand all day today and was at her side when [she] left this good earth,” Becker said in a statement. “Obviously, this is a very challenging time. But it will not surprise all of you who know and love him, that he also is being stoic and strong, and is being lifted up by his large and supportive family. He is determined to be there for them as well. He appreciates all the well wishes and support.”