Happy DIY Friday! This week, family member and DIY expert Tanya Memme stopped by Hallmark Channel's hit daytime talk show Home & Family to demonstrate how to make a cute homemade cardboard castle — inspired by the hit movie Frozen! — for your kids this Christmas! Check out the easy instructions below.
Sticker glue craft foam
Plastic soda bottle
Yarn & String
(Copyright 2015 Crown Media Family Networks/Photographer: Jeremy Lee)
1) Make a hole at the top of the drawbridge door and at the top of the cut out door or either side. Two holes on the actual house on the outside of the cut out door corners and two holes on the door that falls to the ground.
2) Tie a piece of yarn on either side to create a drawbridge look. Make sure the knots are extra large so they don’t pull through the holes.
3) Decorate the outside of the castle with sparkly foam paper, or whatever color you wish. Cut out bricks and stick on the front and sided of the turrets.
4) Create a cone shape with the foam paper for the top of the turrets.
5) Layer shingles of foam paper on the roof.
6) Finishing touches — cut out snow along both side of the rooftop with white foam paper.
Watch Tanya demonstrate how to make your own DIY Frozen cardboard castle in the video below!
Home & Family airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel.
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!