Days after Prince Philip was involved in a scary car crash on his Sandringham Estate and subsequently photographed driving again without a seatbelt, one of the women who was injured in the Thursday, January 17 accident has revealed she’s still waiting for an apology from the 97-year-old royal. “I’m lucky to be alive and he hasn’t even said sorry,” Emma Fairweather told the UK’s Sunday Mirror in a new interview. “It would mean the world to me if Prince Philip said sorry but I have no idea if he’s sorry at all.”

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip Appear to Lead Separate Lives and May Not Even Eat Breakfast Together

Fairweather, 46, was the passenger riding in a small Kia car and broke her wrist in the collision with Philip’s Land Rover — which overturned — near Norfolk, England last week. The driver, a 28-year-old woman, sustained cuts to her knee and the 9-month-old baby riding in the backseat of the car was thankfully uninjured.

Prince Philip Crash
MEGA
Philip’s Land Rover after the crash.

While speaking to the Mirror, Fairweather did say she received a note from a police family liaison officer on behalf of both Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth but the “the message he passed on didn’t even make sense.” She continued, “He said, ‘The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you.’ That’s not an apology or even a well-wish.” A palace spokesperson later told People, “A full message of support was sent to both the driver and the passenger.”

Following the troubling incident, an eyewitness to the crash told BBC Radio 4’s Today that he overheard Philip saying he’d been “dazzled by the sun” right before the accident occurred. The man — who helped free the Duke from his overturned Land Rover — added that the 92-year-old Queen’s husband was “obviously shaken” from the crash and “went and asked if everyone else [in the other car] was alright.”

Prince Philip Car Accident
MEGA
Prince Philip’s car after the crash.

Just a few days after the accident, Philip was photographed on Saturday, January 21 getting behind the wheel again to drive his new Land Rover — and he wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. Over the weekend, The Guardian reported that Philip was warned by local police to wear his safety strap and drive carefully after the new photos of him driving alone were obtained and published by the Daily Mail.

Join our Facebook group for the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, and all things royal!