On Sunday, July 15, he shared with The Sun that he hasn't spoken to his daughter since the wedding and revealed he thinks she looks "terrified" during royal outings. On top of that, he told Harry to "get over it!"
Soon after, it was reported that Meghan and Harry allegedly weren't happy about him speaking out. "[They] are frustrated he keeps speaking to the tabloids and taking payment for interviews," a source told Entertainment Tonight.
But Thomas was unphased by the news his daughter and son-in-law were mad. "I was silent for a full year and the press beat me up every day saying I was a hermit hiding in Mexico, so I gave my story," he told TMZ. "Apparently that interview put the royal family in their silence mode… so, I gave another interview to break the silence. All they have to do is speak to me." Thomas added, "Tomorrow is my birthday, 74 years old, and I’m enjoying the fact that I can make the entire Royal Family not speak and maybe I can get a laugh out of the Duchess."
Thomas previously spoke to Good Morning Britain and TMZ to let everyone to know that he was sorry for everything. While speaking to the British press, Thomas addressed staging paparazzi photos, giving Prince Harry his blessing, and not being able to walk his daughter down the aisle in her royal wedding.
Although his interview was sincere, Thomas later spoke to TMZ about President Donald Trump being able to meet Queen Elizabeth before he does. By questioning who the Queen decides to make time for, he threw her under the bus.
In a previous interview with Us Weekly before his tell-all sit-down with The Sun, sources said that Thomas was done speaking out and only wanted forgiveness from his little princess, but clearly that wasn't the case. The source also said that the royal family did not know about Thomas' interviews and felt "frustrated" that he continues to talk to the press. "The proper thing to do would have been to let Meghan and Kensington Palace know he was giving an interview," a palace insider said.
The royal family has been known to keep their lives very private. Since Meghan got engaged to Prince Harry, she had to delete her social media accounts and abide by royal protocol. A small price to pay for marrying a prince.
"Thomas is walking a fine line," another insider said. "This blabbing needs to stop if he wants to maintain any relationship with Harry and Meghan."
We hope that Thomas and the royal family are able to work it out, but Thomas has yet to meet Prince Harry and his family. If Meghan's dad stops doing unauthorized interviews then he just might have a chance to be more involved in his daughter's life.
Join our Facebook group for the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Prince William, and all things royal!