The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are heading Down Under! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are gearing up for their very first royal tour as a married couple next month — and their Australia and New Zealand trip itinerary was just revealed to the public!
On Monday, Sept. 10, Kensington Palace released Harry and Meghan’s plans for their 16-day international trip which will take place from Tuesday, Oct. 16 through Wednesday, Oct. 31. Though the couple will have lots of royal engagements to attend during the tour, their biggest event will be the 2018 Invictus Games being held in Sydney from Oct. 20-27.
Check out Harry and Meghan’s itinerary for Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and Tonga below:
- Tuesday, Oct. 16: Sydney, Australia
- Wednesday, Oct. 17: Dubbo, Australia
- Thursday, Oct. 18: Melbourne, Australia
- Friday, Oct 19: Sydney, Australia
- Saturday, October 20: Sydney, Australia
- Sunday, October 21: Sydney, Australia
- Monday, October 22: Fraser Island, Australia
- Tuesday, October 23: Suva, Fiji
- Wednesday, October 24: Suva, Fiji
- Thursday, October 25: Nadi, Fiji and Nuku’alofa, Tonga
- Friday, October 26: Nuku’alofa, Tonga and Sydney, Australia
- Saturday, October 27: Sydney, Australia
- Sunday, October 28: Wellington, New Zealand
- Monday, October 29: Wellington, New Zealand and Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand
- Tuesday, October 30: Auckland, New Zealand
- Wednesday, October 31: Rotorua, New Zealand
The news of Harry and Meghan’s first royal tour was previously announced in June in an official Kensington Palace statement. “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will undertake an official visit to Australia, Fiji, the Kingdom of Tonga, and New Zealand in the Autumn. Their Royal Highnesses have been invited to visit the Realms of Australia and New Zealand by the countries’ respective governments. The Duke and Duchess will visit the Commonwealth countries of Fiji and Tonga at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The tour will fall on the occasion of the Invictus Games Sydney 2018. Further details will be advised in due course,” the messae explained. We can’t wait for the duo to embark on their big trip next month!
Join our Facebook group for the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Prince William, and all things royal!