He's "had enough!" Elton John got candid about his retirement during a new interview with Good Morning Britain on Tuesday, May 8 — and revealed he's really ready to move on from the spotlight.

"I'm looking forward to saying goodbye. It's not a publicity stunt because I am saying goodbye to touring, I've had enough," Elton confessed. "To be honest with you I want to move on and do different things."

elton john kids getty images

The 71-year-old previously announced his retirement back in January. "It’s time to come off the road so I can fully embrace the next important chapter of my life," he said at the time.

And that next chapter involves his two kids, Zachary, 7, and Elijah, 5, whom he shares with husband David Furnish. "They're thriving, they're great kids. They're funny, they keep us amused," he shared. "That's why I'm coming off the road after the world tour – I need to be there for them. I need to spend the time with them. I miss them so much when I'm not with them."

Elton previously revealed how excited he is for Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour, which kicks off in September 2018. "Well there’s 300 shows, so it will be about three years, and I do 100 shows a year anyway, usually, when I’m working. I’m really looking forward it, I’m looking forward to starting it because it’s going to be such a great production and I’m looking forward to finishing it so I can spend time with my boys," he shared.

The music sensation added that the tour will be the "most produced" and "best production" he's ever done. "It's a way of saying thank you," Elton said. "I don't want to go out with a whimper. I want to go out with a bang." We'll miss you, Elton!