“Girls Just Want to Have Fun” singer Cyndi Lauper wasn’t ready for what was about to happen when she performed “She Bop” at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles on Friday, July 12. In the middle of her song, Cyndi ended up getting a really nasty bruise on the bottom of her left foot when she accidentally stepped on a bee.
“The bee’s dead on the floor,” Cyndi told her fans after she checked on the insect’s health. “I mean, that poor bastard, he’s worse off than me.” After stumbling around the stage for quite some time, Cyndi asked her stage hands for a stool.
“I’m tough but … really?” she joked to the crowd. “Is it supposed to hurt if you get stung by a bee? Well, that sucks.” After Cyndi got over the incident, she decided to have a little bit of fun by sharing a video to Instagram of herself reacting to the bee sting.
“I messed with the danger zone and I GOT STUNG!” she hilariously penned the caption on Saturday, July 13. “Maybe the nuns were right after all. 😣 Poor lil guy 🐝 Round 2 tonight at @hollywoodbowl. Not sure how I’m gonna top it.”
Even though Cyndi had a lot of fans in the audience that night, her husband, David Thornton, wasn’t able to make it. But since they have such a close bond, you can surely bet Cyndi told David all of the funny details about her bee sting when she got home.
“All I can say is that he is my best friend,” the musician previously gushed about her hubby to Closer Weekly. “He’s wildly creative and I just wanted to share my whole life with him.”
Please watch where you’re going next time, Cyndi. The bee sting was already too much for us to handle!