Everybody loves Thanksgiving! From the delicious turkey to the fluffy mashed potatoes to the luxurious trimmings like cranberry sauce and gravy, it’s all pretty darn good. But then you have the exact same meal for the next week trying to get through those leftovers, and it starts to lose a little bit of its sparkle. Luckily, Food Network star Chef Carla Hall has the perfect recipe to help you transform that meal into something new and exciting: her killer upside-down hot turkey sandwich casserole!
While this dish will help you get through some of those leftovers after a big meal, it’s even more perfect for couples or families who won’t be having a big celebration this year due to COVID-19. This one casserole will give you all the Thanksgiving goodness that makes the holiday feel special, but without having to make an entire turkey and copious amount of sides for just a few people. Combining all your favorite parts of the dinner into one dish might just be the perfect solution!
Oh, and did we mention how much quicker it is to make than your average Thanksgiving dinner? Give it a try with the recipe below!
Upside-Down Hot Turkey Sandwich Casserole
• 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, or butter, melted
• 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
• 3 cups coarsely chopped cooked turkey breast
• 1 cup cooked mixed vegetables, (such as peas and carrots, but pretty much any combo works.)
• 1/2 cup prepared turkey gravy
• 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
• 2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, cut into cubes
• 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Coat 8-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread or butter. Spoon in mashed potatoes, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon butter. Top with turkey and vegetables and gravy. Dollop with cranberry sauce. Toss bread cubes with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and poultry seasoning and sprinkle on top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through and bread cubes are toasted. Now slice and enjoy!