Sarah Ferguson is defending her ex-husband, Prince Andrew, for the second time since his shocking underage sex abuse allegations came to light earlier this month.
In an interview with Matt Lauer on NBC’s 'Today' on Tuesday, Sarah said the reports were "categorically untrue."
"The great news is that Andrew and I and the girls are the best family unit there ever is and I know him extremely, extremely well," she said, referring to the couple's two children, daughters Princess Beatrice of York and Princess Eugenie of York.
Read more: Sarah Ferguson Loses More Than 50 Pounds – See Her transformation
"And Buckingham Palace put out a denial two weeks ago or a week ago and we stand by that denial."
Princess Beatrice (C) poses for photograph with her parents, Britain's Prince Andrew, the Duke York (L) and Sarah Ferguson following her graduation ceremony at Goldsmiths College in London. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
"Secondly and more importantly I won't stand by — because I know what it feels like to have salacious lies made up about you — and not support him so publicly because they are just shockingly accusatory allegations which I don't think is right,” Sarah continued to explain on 'Today' while promoting a weight-loss product.
Read more: Sarah Ferguson Comments on Kate Middleton’s Second Pregnancy!
As the 'BBC' reports, few public figures have made the decision to show support for Prince Andrew as he faces claims of performing underage sex with a Florida girl. In this case, Ferguson is standing by her former husband.
"Its defamation of character and as a great father and a humongously good man and all the work he does for Britain I won't stand by and let him have his character defamed to this level."
Watch the interview below:
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!