Kate Middleton has been forced to pull out of her first solo tour to Malta as she continues to battle severe morning sickness, Kensington Palace confirms. Dedicated husband, Prince William, will go in her place.
The pregnant 32-year-old, who is expecting her second child in about six months, is once again suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum, which causes severe dehydration. The brunette beauty went through the same illness during her first trimester with Prince George.
Exclusive: Sarah Ferguson Comments on Kate Middleton's Second Pregnancy!
"The decision not to visit was taken by the Duke and Duchess on the advice of the Duchess's doctors," the palace said in a statement. "The Duke is honored to represent Her Majesty The Queen on the visit, which commemorates the 50th anniversary of Malta’s independence. The visit itinerary remains unchanged."
William is set to arrive in the southern European island country on Saturday, Sept. 20. After the baby announcement was made last week, he told the crowd at a royal engagement that Kate was "feeling ok" and that it had "been a tricky few days," but added the duo is "immensely thrilled" by the news.
The Duchess is currently being treated at home in Kensington Palace,
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!